These Years in Review provide a public archive of my life. They cover little snapshots of my what I got up to in a year, and include reviews of books I read and music that moved me, memorable undertakings like travel experiences, major life events and business highs and lows.
Here is what happened in 2020.
Books I read
Stardust – Neil Gaiman
The Flame of Adventure – Simon Yates
The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko
Educated – Tara Westover
The Obstacle Is The Way – Ryan Holiday
This Is Going To Hurt – Adam Kay
Podcasts / Youtube Videos I really enjoyed
- Farnham Street Knowledge Project with Bill Ackman and Jason Calacanis
- Sam Harris – Can We Pull Back From The Brink
- Howard Marks – The Most Important Thing address at Google
Music records I really enjoyed
- Dominic Fike – Don’t Forget About Me, Demos – EP
- Black Pumas – Black Pumas
- Beatles – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Alanis Morissette – Such Pretty Forks In The road
And a few songs too…
- Walk Off The Earth – Girls Like You (amazing cover!)
- Sara Bareilles – She Used To Be Mine
- Ketty Lester – Love Letters
TV / Films / Documentaries I really enjoyed
- My Octopus Teacher
- Master of None
- Apollo 11
- Green Book
- The Upside
- After Life – Season 2
- Mrs Lowry & Son
- Covid-19 happened, so sadly travel did not.
- We continue to make monthly donations to my old College, Pembroke, and to the RSPCA.
Skills and Learning